Best public boat harbour!
Woohoo! We are stoked to hear that our Fishing Boat Harbour is the finalist in the Marina Industries Association (MIA) Club Marine Marina Awards 2017-18.
Finalists for the Marina Industries Association (MIA) Club Marine Marina Awards have been announced. The Awards are for the 2017/18 period and are based upon performance over the previous financial year period. MIA President, Andrew Chapman CMM, said the Awards have been very well supported by industry both in Australia and internationally.
“Congratulations to all the finalists as well as to all entrants in these awards that have attracted such strong support. The awards celebrate industry best practice and provide a benchmark for other businesses to aspire to.”
The awards celebrate industry best practice and provide a benchmark for other businesses to aspire to.”
Simon McLean, Club Marine’s CEO, said the growth in awards’ participation once again was excellent. “As an industry insurer we see the Awards as an effective vehicle to encourage and promote good business practices and procedures as well as supporting the goals of the MIA.”
Finalists have been selected in the following award categories:
- Commercial Marina – Under 140 Boats: The Reef Marina Port Douglas, QLD; Rivergate Marina and Shipyard, QLD
- Commercial Marina – 140 Boats and Over: Abell Point Marina, QLD; D’ALBORA Marinas The Spit, NSW
- Club of The Year: Royal Perth Yacht Club, WA; Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club, NSW;
- International Marina: Port Denarau Marina, Fiji
- Best Public Boat Harbour: Fremantle Fishing Boat Harbour, WA
- Best Marina Restaurant: ORMEGGIO At The Spit, D’ALBORA Marinas The Spit, NSW
- Best Environmental Initiative by a Marina: Gold Coast City Marina, QLD
- Best Innovation by a Marina: Abell Point Marina, QLD; Vuda Marina, QLD; D’ALBORA Marinas
- Best Community Support Initiative by a Marina: Port Denarau Marina, Fiji; Royal Motor Yacht Club Broken Bay, NSW; Vuda Marina, Fiji
- Best Boat Yard – Up To 20 Boats: White Bay 6 Marine Park, NSW
- Best Boat Yard – 20 Plus Boats: Rivergate Marina and Shipyard, QLD
- Best Dry Stack Facility: D’ALBORA Marinas Pier 35, VIC; Sydney Boat House; Sydney Harbour Boat Storage NSW.
The award winners for each category as well as the winner of the ‘People’s Choice Best Marina Employee’ will be announced at the Marine 17 International Conference and Exhibition at the ICCC in Sydney from July 30 – August 1, 2017. Finalists will be presented with award certificates and the winners will also receive a trophy. More details at www.marine17.com